Dance classes to keep seniors active and enjoying life!
Classes aimed at people 65 years and older
We are delighted to have been approved for the Community Group Strength & Balance Programme as our classes meet all nine of the effectiveness criteria established by the Technical Advisory Group to reduce the falls in older people.
MONDAYS: 10 – 11 am in Mt Albert.
THURSDAYS: 10.30 – 11.30 am in Remuera.
FRIDAYS: 10 – 11 am in New Lynn.
- All classes follows school terms
- Come 15 minutes early to enroll
- Wear clothes you can move in and soft shoes
Monday classes 10:00am at St Luke’s Church Hall, 704 New North Rd., Mt Albert, Auckland
Thursday classes 10:30am at St Aidan’s Church Hall, 5 Ascot Ave., Remuera, Auckland
Friday classes 10:00am at New Lynn Scout Hall, 37 Margan Ave., New Lynn, Auckland
[see Google Maps on Contact page]
Classes are $10 with a generous discount when paid by the term.
For those with financial constraints please talk to your teacher about a reduction.
SeniorsDANCE classes for those who are physically able are taught by Susan Jordan and Sue MacRae, both professional dance teachers
- It is an enjoyable way to stay active, using easy to learn movement based on contemporary dance
- Classes start with exercises on chairs and include creative movement and choreographed dances using a variety of music
- Builds balance and coordination, keeps joints mobile and strengthens muscles and has the approved tick approved by ACC
- Addresses physical, mental and social well-being
- Wear clothes you can move in easily and comfortably and soft fitted shoes